Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sad news : Resident of my area Scholar and Thinker Shri Asghar Ali Engineer no more

I had met Shri Asgharali ji thru my dear friend Shri Abbas Contractor. I had an opportunity to listen to his radical yet balanced views with belief in universal brotherhood. 

For his revolutionary thoughts he was attacked by knifers too and was injured. 

He is a man who left gold mining opportunity job in BMC for which others bribe in lacs to get in. 

Since last few years one of his representatives would come and book our hall for a meeting for his activities. Normally I do not get up and go to any programme happening in my hall uninvited even if ministers and renowned speakers come. But I would always go and say namaste to this pious brave soul. ( Everyone chase celebrities but I like to be with good souls who have love for all). 

I am proud that he lived in my vicinity and my area TPS3, santacruz East. We will miss him dearly. May his soul rest in peace. 

May more and more such brave thinkers take charge of youth and guide them to right  and peaceful path.

I am sure those from his community had had some difference of opinion with him will forget same and give him due respectable send off as he deserved being one of them. 

Thanks and Regards,
Alok Tholiya,

2 comments:

  1. seraj akram
    4:07 PM (16 hours ago)
    to me, menow
    Dear Alok ji
    Thanks a lot, you have written very nice mail to tribute Eng. Asgar Ali.
    Very appreciable, i was thinking that your keyboard run fast only against of muslim.
    but today i realized that you have open mind and praise and encourage to all good people.
    I firmly believe that there are good and bad people in every society, all caring people of society
    and nation should condemn bad things from any society and appreciate, encourage good things/people
    without any discrimination of region, religion, cast and language.
    Good people are GEMS of society and nation either he/she is Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Jain, Bodh, Jew etc
    and only these people can help to increase harmony in society by unbiased efforts.
    thanks,
    seraj akram

    ReplyDelete

  2. smitaghia49@gmail.com
    2:31 AM (24 minutes ago)
    to me
    Really sad new, I met him. He was coming to garden. He was very brave man.may god let him rest in peace. As I am at my daughters place in London I cannot come for condolence meeting. Smita ghia.
    Sent from my iPad

    ReplyDelete